Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Travel - oh the joys

Mmm - a comment to start - this will be a journal-like blog to start out (ive never had a blog before) but eventually I hope to parse it down into fun adventure stories or such or whatever you're supposed to put on blogs (read: as I get lazier). So yeah, long boring personal thoughts for awhile. Pictures to come I promise I promise, my batteries are charging as I type! Mkay boys and girls, drugs are bad, journal to begin.
Out to a great start! I got through security with only minor obstructions. They did have to confiscate my nail scissors (far too sharp!) from my carry-on. Mums and Pops are only a teary as far as I can tell - not too bad. However, they did steal my pen! How rude! Geez. I'm gonna miss them. Sitting at the airport gate, a little bit of reality is starting to creep in. But. oh. so. tired.
Right, plus my watch battery was dead this morning - absolutely timeless.
Anywho, besides making me want to play and transform fluffly cloud shapes, the first two stops/flights were uneventful. San Francisco now ~whew. Super big airport, long way to walk, hella confusing terminals. Security again - they looked through my bag again and unpacked it this time. They let me keep the rest of my nail kit and my super-blunt emergency sewing kit scissors. However, they might not let me keep my bag :(. I don't know particularly who would be in charge of telling me no at this point but I assume I'll know when we start boarding if I'm good to go or not. Otherwise, I lose 'face', my bag gets taken, I pay 89 bucks if I ever want to see it again, and my emergency on-hand supplies are no longer um on hand.
These bags are so heavy. blah. My hands shake from the strain. But, you know, so far so good - nothing unduly stressing. I'm leaving my territory now - Oh God- wish me luck! I'm totally confounded as to why in the entire international terminal there is no food. Sigh. And I'm definitely not going back through security (though they'd remember me). Snack time. The nervousness perhaps might be here. Help!
Ok I was nervous there for a moment but ya know, it was ok only an hour or so later :). I was ironically totally distracted by the guy sitting next to me. He was from Southern India going to Taiwan to give technical presentations for his software company. Ridiculously long name ..Venkat ---- (vinght- quatre) Ramadiala---... who knows, it doesn't fit on his passport or anything anyway. Fun fun fun and awfully helpful. My flight got in early which was good ~ so very very long on the plane. bleh. My diet is increasing exponentially though - ridiculous. I had rice crackers and some pretty gross seaweed and some cracked peas for a snack. Later I ate the weird purple vegetable in my salad. Still later (13 hr flight), I had noodles that had (again) peas in the mix and other random green things. As always, I can only eat so much odd food before gagging or tiring of it. My chopstick skills are less than stellar but somewhat functional - especially since I don't eat anything! :)
I was stopped by disease control and they took my temperature in my ear three times ~ fun. My temperature was a little high and a man told me that I should drink more water. Nod and smile. Nod and smile through customs. Indian guy helped me get my luggage and I took advantage of the free carts provided. We finally wound our way around to where everyone had signs, waiting to pick people up. I didn'y get a name card :( but Heather (my boss) was just arriving when I entered the area and I spotted her. To conclude travel, she drove me to my apartment along route 2. End of the travels.
*Are you excited about my blog yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home