Thursday, October 12, 2006

Read Any Good Books Lately?

Yes and no.
I picked out two books by the same author from my gorgeous bookshelves and happened to fortunately read them in order because they were a series.
Dorothy Cannell, The Thin Woman, The Widows Club
The first book was very cute, it had a lovely heroine and I spent a lot of time become emotionally invested in the woman. She ended up the winner at the end of the book, the challenge reached, the crime solved, the weight promblem dieted to death, the man on his knees, her life all came together like it should in the end. Happy endings.
The second book took all those happy feelings away as she fell apart emotionally as her life began to fall apart. :/ I'd spent the whole first book really liking this woman and I couldn't easily emotionally distance myself from her. Out of a weird perversion I needed to finish the book (and it got marginally better the last third of the book) so I determined to do it as quickly as possible to limit the depression and desperation that got transferred to moi.
The End

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home