Thursday, October 05, 2006

Out for a Movie

Today Mrs. Davidson called over and invited me to go see Flyboys with her. Always delighted to get out of the house, I said yes. She took me by the post office so I could mail my application packets (PACKETS MAILED! FINALLY! - now I get to wait.. :/ ..) and we also stopped by a gas station to get some candy (she claims they never have the Almonds Hershey bars at the movies).
Plus we got cokes and popcorn as well (though she pretty adamant that Mr. Pibbs was not nearly as good as Dr. Pepper).
The movie was decent, presentable to me because it had handsome young men and France involved. Mrs. Davidson (whose second husband, a fighter pilot in WW2 has died fairly recently) had a little more sniffling than would someone without her memories. She's not one to hide her feelings or overdo them either, and it was quite sweet and endearing.
People respond differently to Mrs. Davidson, and I'm not sure if it's her attitude or the get-up she was wearing. She had a denim jumpsuit with a scarf wrapped around it and a beige cowboy hat with a silver ring around it set with big hunks of turquoise. The people we ran into were uniformly cheerful and helpful, most going out of their way to treat this woman like a queen (except for the popcorn girl, but that can't be helped really as I'm fairly sure nothing would spark her into being more than an automaton).
All in all, good times. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home