Saturday, September 30, 2006

SNL - The Last Gasp?

It's not a regular occurance for me to watch SNL, but Dane Cook was on. I decided I could set aside a small portion of time to put a little more oomph into my worship of the man. His monologue was awesome - as could only be expected. Unfortunately, his monologue was probably the best part of the show. Amy Poehler does an excellent job for the majority of the time, and the others have their moments, but I'm sad to say the show isn't funny. It's been in decline for years now, everyone speaks of it, we all just seem to wait for it to die. It's an institution though, and I'm not sure if it ever will. But will it ever get back the funny? Sigh. Who knows. I wish it luck though. And don't think that if I live in New York I'll be anything but joyous to go to a show. Anywho, laters.

1 Comments:

At October 01, 2006 8:07 AM , Blogger Matt said...

The show comes in waves, and it will come back again. People were saying it was going to die before Rock, Sandler, etc...It was going to die before Ferrell, hell, it was going to die before Fallon and Fey.

The nature of the SNL beast is that it creates stars, those stars move on. However, they come back.

That said, I have not seen the show in years. However, I do believe it will come back just based on history.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home