Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Musings of the Day

Hmm - laundry. It seems we have a washer but Tasha swears there isnt a dryer anywhere to be found and we hang our clothes on the second balcony ( 2 balconies btw - lovely)
Oh goody Sarah seems really nice and I just had some sort of cookie/cracker that was salty and sweet. Just delish :)
Wireless internet connection set up by yours truly ;)
Hee Hee oh WAY excited! Giddy in fact, wtf?
Heather was really sweet and said I was 'Taiwanese size' and that I could find anything I wanted to wear ~ including lots of shoes :)
dragonfruit? ~very nice and oh so pretty
Heh guess what made the trip with me? some brown brown packing paper from the original packaging of my suitcases.
Wow. the couches here really are um pink
I don't seem to be having any allergy trouble yet. Huzzah!
Back to the giddiness - it's halfway gone, i'm tired - but a plausible explanation - perhaps it's because not only am I getting away with an idea that could have been a major mistake and idiotic, but I'm also getting kudos for it ~ everyone's proud of me and they love my 'spirit of adventure'
I was about to conk out at 2 but I knew it would screw up my time change so I held out. Sarah got home around 3 and we went shopping at TESCO to keep me awake :). We're really gonna get along just dandy. Tasha's really nice too but I havent really connected to her yet... she's pretty intimidating to me. She comes from an incredibly rough town and while her stories of it are entertaining, I know I wouldnt be able to survive there. I'm just very impressed and obviously very sheltered, but she's the first person I've met that's been stabbed.
Anyway, Sarah has made it clear that she wants to spend some time cooking at home ~ so I count that a plus because when she's home I'll probably be home too, eating normal food - yay!

TESCO was a mauch farther two blocks than I had imagined and it's dangerous to be a pedestrian, but it adds a sense of danger and excitement every time you step out the door :)

Mmm. On to dinner. Oh dear. I thought it would be smaller so I could get a chance to explain a little but there were tons of people there! 8 people rather. I tried though damnit! I guess that's why I'm upset. If they knew me, they'd know I took a rather large step forward with Chinese food but they were disappointed in me :( I ate ridiculously spicy soy cubes, some vegetable covered in sweet and sour stuff, some weird bread-like thingy with green stuff in it, and two to three fingers of rice, bittermelon, and the dessert of watermelon and grapes. It was quite a lot of food for me, all of it new except for dessert, yet Heather offered to take me to TESCO when we were finished because she felt like she hadnt fed me. sigh. And when we got home the giros were like - yeah, you'll do fine, you just cant go out to eat... anyway, all this talk of food, time for my midnight snack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home