Monday, June 12, 2006

India, India, Land of....

... smells. Most of them are very strong, and only a fraction of them are pleasant. Huzzah for incense!!
... horns. Constant, constant beeping of horns has become one of the more irritating things about this city. As some of these horns are louder than some rock concerts I've been to, I would diplomatically suggest a new plan. The more you use your horn, the quieter your particular should be; the more your horn is honked for no reason whatsoever, the more you should be slapped up the backside of the head.
... religion. I find sociologically that faith is always strong where people need to believe. Here in India, there's no question, even I'd like to believe that there's something beyond this. Fortunately for me, I call this place home, they call it Heaven or nirvana. Buddhism here makes more sense to me now - Escape the worries of your world, find peace.
... disorder. You want a queue? Just forget it. Those lines painted on the street.... there are lines?!
... the second largest standing army in the world (1 million). Beaten only by China.
... hard work. If I didn't feel like a bum before coming here, I certainly do now. If I had been born in India and did as little work as I do now.... it wouldn't be a pretty picture (we'll just hope that in my alternate life I married well).
... no toilet paper. wtf mate?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home