Sunday, August 28, 2005

Patience, young grasshopper

.. and self-control! I must learn not to try to get everything all at once. Lugging home all those groceries wore me out completely. I have to remember that I can always go back, no need to stock up with tons of food (mother..). Truly, carrying all that stuff home was nearly impossible. Plus, if I really want something, all I have to do is run downstairs and get it. There's a convenience store or 7-11 literally every 30 ft or so (metric conversion for the citizens of every other country - ~ 10 meters). It's good for me to pop up and down - prevents me from getting too lazy. Bleh. I do miss reading names and ingredients though... I have no idea what I'm really eating and if it's really bad for me or not. Whatever. Maybe it's a good experience for me too. Everyone else seems to be happy with my expanding diet - I'm sure this will help that too.
Also Chinese, I need to start learning and I'm fairly impatient, but it's such a daunting task!! I know about 5 phrases and can forget them at any time - i want, thank you, i dont have, big bum, i dont want, do you speak english. I do seem to be surviving without it though (a good thing) but it doesn't change that I'd like to have some clue as to what's going on.
Anywho, I'll rest from my grocery trek; I think everyone's going out to the night market later - we'll see.
~allie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home