Sunday, August 28, 2005

Survivin' the first week!

Woo hoo! Great fun talking on little headsets. Hopefully it'll be a fun habit for me :) Anywho.. where was I? Ah yes. So Friday - up early and at work man! Very productive etc. Syllabi, handouts, lesson plans, class procedure, curriculum, on and on. I also went downstairs with Heather to exchange some money. Another pastry and some tea for lunch. Sarah's hair is dyed blond and her roots are starting to show - but we're having a hard time finding any blond hair color over here... I finally broke down and used the school's weird-ass bathroom. *Exchange your indoor slippers for the bathroom slippers, go into a little stall and squat. I just don't know.. am I facing the right direction? because there seems to be a sort of form/style to the 'toilets' - they aren't just a hole in the ground and seem to have a back and front... I just don't know which is which.*
So we stayed late friday to get all of this school stuff done because the new semester starts on Monday and Heather was nice and ordered us pizza. Oh these crazy asians. They put corn and peas in their pizza, just as natural to them as sauce. Totally gross.
After work - yay - we went to 'Jake's Place' , a bar catering to foreigners with all manner of fried foods. Good stuff but their fryer was broken. Gary earned tons of points with me for loving Matt Stone and Trey Parker (if you don't know who they are do yourself a favor and google them), hating Bush, and getting me french bread from a bakery :) He is 31 though and I did have to discuss politics with a little Catholic princess who is obviously conservative and made all sorts of disclaimers in her arguments like ' it might sound like I'm arguing for this but I'm not..' *roll the eyes* (sorry Mandy). She's cool though. All in all a very lovely evening and then I came home and tried fun yummy asian ice cream with slush and frozen ice stuff - strawberry and peach were both in there somewhere. And then I stayed up far too late with my little headset talking over the internet :D So I didn't know when to get up or anything but oh well. I was gonna try to get up in time to call mums and pops (love y'all) but it didn't happen. Lazed about all day. I wasn't awake for the fruit market trip. We watched Napoleon Dynamite and a Simpsons episode (with the elephant - anyone? anyone?).
Later Tasha was in the living room with Fight Club and her book studying Chinese. They went out with Mandy and her husband Brian for Thai food, but I passed and went shopping! Yay! That's right ~foreign country, huge store, so much to browse through, so much to buy! Total I guess I soent about US 35 but it was absolutely worth it. I keep forgetting to buy lots of stuff - though one day I'll get it all I hope - I've promised myself anyhow. Tons of food and snacks, slippers (because I will my whole existence in them apparently) that have Pooh on them - oh so cute, hangers, a box for clothes, aaannnnnnnd a super-duper cool quality KiKi and CoCo magenta watch with a confused/sad girl that rotates. It's totally spiffy I tell ya - you'll def get a picture of it too! My first real asian something that I bought to keep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home