Monday, August 29, 2005

Dinner and the Night Market

Mmm three posts for one day - should've planned or something, but that's no fun is it?!
Another group dinner out - good times. This time I got to meet Jesse and her kids (Kyle and... the other one - oops!), Jesse being a good friend of Tasha's who's teaching her Chinese. So we went to a restaurant that was really close - about a minute from my apartment. It's called the Grand Tree Tea and Coffee, and sitting right there on the menu in the midst of gibberish about all sorts of meat and vegetables and all manner of Chinese is (drumroll please) *waffles and fruit* - as soon as I saw it, nothing I could have desired more. It comes out, just glorious. Light, cake batter, with kiwis, orange slices, apple slices, whipped cream, ice cream, and chocolate syrup. Just heaven. People were envious and Jesse's second kid actually was inspired to get his own. Glorious I tell you.
After the luscious dinner, time for shopping! Sarah and I decided to go check out the Night Market. Just a total mix of anything and everything you want. It's crazy. They have fruit (always food everywhere, silly street vendors), as mentioned, tons of unnameable foods, shoes, clothes, animals, birds, video games, carnival games, tons more shoes and clothes, knickknacks of all sorts, watches and clocks, spices and teas, fortune tellers, anything and everything. Someplace I'll be sure to return to :)
Also, just as a side note - there's music here all the time. Mostly american pop music too. A little techno throw in as well. Never really having lived in a real city before, it hasn't been such a huge distraction, generally the music was only in stores... but here it's just everywhere!! And of course I really like it - so if they weren't looking at me enough for being a whitey, I also get the looks because I can't control the rhythm! :) like they know me though right? good times.
later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home