Friday, June 16, 2006

15th

I headed off today... later than expected. I had plans, they were just delayed due to severe headache issues. I woke up and winced in pain. I took some drug and went back to sleep. I woke up again... with a headache. I took some drugs and headed out. My taxi driver spoke English!! It cheered me significantly and he took me through a shorter route that had lots of things I hadn't seen before. We chatted. 'Twas lovely.
Today was dedicated to finding a place that would exchange Taiwanese money. My findings - the international airport when you arrive. There's officially a no-go on exchanging something as foreign as Taiwanese money. Fortunately, my ATM card works. Here's hoping that it works all over India!
After withdrawing monies, I wandered South Mumbai more. I made it to Victoria Terminus. Gorgeous! It's a world heritage site you know. ;)
Seeing that was my second main goal of the day, then I just wandered more. The pain in my head made other annoyances seem less intrusive. The horns were okay for awhile, the people shouting at me, even the heat and dirt didn't regularly make it past into the realm of irritation.
I made it to High Court and wandered around inside a bit. It was pretty awkward in some places but cool overall - got to see some judges and stuff... court records. Mostly I just tooks pictures of the building. You'll get these pictures one day, promise, promise. Bombay University (probably the only entity in this city to not have changed its name to Mumbai) - more pictures.
Wandered over to a "western" food place and tried out some extra spicy pizza and fries - not labelled as spicy, but what here isn't?
Wandered back to the apartment. Took a shower. Finally no more headache. Thinking of a leaving date, possible side trip to Hong Kong on my way home. To remind me that there are places with ridiculous amounts of people that aren't hell and/or mass chaos.
I started reading again, a book I've already read but a good one. Mmm the joy and comfort in a book. Cheers for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home