Sunday, July 30, 2006

Hiking Begins






Mitchell LakeBlue Lake

Rocky, 2.5 + miles each way

Was the lake blue? yep

Blistered and pitiful? Yeah

Still boucy? Check :)

My family and I were searching for new trails to hike and explore and ended up not going to Rocky Mountain National Park, but instead the Indian Peaks Wilderness Area. The difference? Dogs are allowed. So we got to see lots of happy people with their dogs, and I must say that all the dogs we met were supremely well-behaved.

Currently reading: Undead and Unemployed by MaryJanice Davidson

Because of the looks I get when I tell people that yes, the undead woman in this book is a vampire, I feel compelled instantly to defend this book. It is really quite funny and has none of the cultish vampire clichés that would ruin it. The value of this book is that it actually puts a new twist on the genre, making it highly amusing, and combining it with straight-up chic-lit (as girly as it can get). As a huge fan of situational comedy, it was delightful to find that a new-age vampire can get into so many awkwardly amusing situations. Halfway through the book I was giggling as I read, and by the end it was laugh-out –loud funny. Description on the side – Paranormal Romance, instead of the usual – Mystery, Thriller, Fiction, etc. Highly recommended, just don’t tell people it’s about vampires or they might shut the steel door of their minds immediately to a bright and shiny new experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home