Wednesday, October 18, 2006

mc chris

Friday night I went out to Austin for some good times.
A friend of mine was in town for a concert and we decided to go together. We met up in early afternoon and later went to Emo's for the start of our scheduled fun. Manager's Choice - meh. Pong - a band of aging guys in pretty dorky matching outfits (sweatbands included), handing out brightly colored glasses that make you see rainbows, blacklights, playing music with a beat but the most repetitive and stupid lyrics. Enjoyable if you didn't pay too much attention to the music.

mc chris :)

In the genre of nerdcore rap with a voice that sounds like a ten year old girl....
He's everything his website advertises him to be, talented with the tunes, and in between songs a pretty good stand-up comedian. He can really manage a crowd, plus my amusement quota was more than fulfilled and there was much giggling (yes indeed, it's important to listen to his lyrics and not ignore them).
His website is here and after you enter, you can click on some buttons at the bottom left to hear a couple of his songs. To learn about him, click here.
The after-show movie at the Alamo Drafthouse was Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Oddly enough I hadn't seen this movie (though I thought I had) and it's even possible that I haven't seen the first one... but I know for damn sure I've seen Raiders of the Lost Arc. Craziness. Anyhow, mc chris was there though not really a presence. His only instruction to us was to "make "ooh" noises when they touch the statue's boobies" and to be quiet - no talking. :)
It was pretty silly, and of course most enjoyable. My friend is quite a pleasure to be around as well and made it even better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home