Monday, October 31, 2005

Taipei 101


Yes, I went to the tall building. Like everything else in Taiwan, they turned into another excuse to shop :) - and I was quite happy to find a bookstore with books in English and a world-class bakery, along with all the super fancy stores (Christine, Prada, Dior, etc etc etc etc)
* 101 stories * there was a run to go up them - looked like torture yet strangely appealing
Scooter rides # 3 and 4 - no longer abject terror... but leave the terror part in.
Taipei is really nice, very clean, lovely MRT, plus you can find pretty much anything I think if you know where to look for it. It calls to me. 'live here, it'll be fun'
I wish my camera hadn't died because I also went to the Chang-Kai Shek Memorial Hall and the National Theatre and the National Concert Hall - quite beautiful places kept with meticulous care. Maybe next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home