Tuesday, June 20, 2006

By Candlelight

After the rains, I return to my hotel. No electricity. Trees fell during the rains and cut it off. At first, I am told 10 minutes. I believe them and try to occupy my time. I later go down to retrieve a candle that was offered before. A guy lights it and walks upstairs with me. We get into my room and he is thinking where to put the candle when -oops - it goes out. He has to go downstairs and get a match. As he goes, he brushes past me. I feel his body and his hand brush past my butt. It wasn'y unpleasant and I'm fairly amused, so I just wait for his return. He does return, but doesn't immediately light the candle. He asks my name, gets a little closer. Pulls me in and kisses my cheek. Then asks for a kiss. He has boatloads of charm but all he gets is a flattered decline. I need to pack, it's why I went to get the candle, and he is unaware that my packing anxiety trumps his sexual appeal. He finally lights my candle again. Oops. Out again. This time I'm fairly certain I saw him blow it out. He regales me with more charm but is still refused and finally manages to light a candle and leave.
I pack by candlelight, amused as usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home