Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Day Off

Today I took a day off from hiking. My parents have gone off to do Bridal Veil Falls, a hike we've done many times before. I am tired from not getting sleep. My father kept me up watching the movie The Aristocrats (dirty and all the better for it- yay for funny) plus I had to read some after that. I'm hoping that if I just leave my knee alone it will be completely happy tomorrow - even today it's not complaining that much.
So I'm hanging out in the Estes Park Library, thouroughly enjoying my wireless connection and getting caught up with my online world. Although a huge fan of living in a cute little cabin in the mountains, I'd have to compromise somehow to get an internet connection - do they have satellite internet or something?
Also today we're going to the thrift store in town. This Wednesday is Brown Bag Special day, where you can put anything you want into a big brown paper bag and it will cost two dollars (they don't even care if soe stuff is sticking out the top). In years past, this has been a family pasttime and quite an event. The way my father can pack a bag is truly spectacular, an art if you will. Anyway today we'll probably get some stuff but not much. I haven't been able to find too much this year - somehow shopping isn't the thrill it once was and the majority of clothes there haven't been appealing to me.
Currently reading: many, many blogs pulled up on my computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home