Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Still Hiking









Long Lake- Lake Isabelle

Blisters- check. Knee injury- check. Hiking- check.

I spent the next 4+ miles in fear that I would cause pain or damage to myself. I went very slowly and it was actually pretty enjoyable and the lack of injury was nice. To avoid pain I found an awkward way to walk where I tried to never bend my left knee and to never ever roll my left foot heel to toe.

Currently reading – The Bone Vault by Linda Fairstein. Fun book, though very long. It makes full use and more of its setting – a combination of the Met and the Natural History Museum in New York. So in the course of solving murders there, they have to learn all about the histories and inner workings of the places. Plus it’s thrilling. Joy.

1 Comments:

At August 12, 2006 11:11 AM , Blogger Seth said...

That is some amazingly beautiful scenery.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home