Wednesday, June 28, 2006

On the Move

The next step was a train trip, a long one. From Agra all the way to Hyderabad. Estimated time - 22 hours. Actual time - 23 hours.

Mmmm what I would give to have not had to go that last hour.

I slept the major portion of the ride, about 21 hours or so, and laid there for another hour. I sat up and kept myself awake at around the time the train was supposed to arrive, got my cute little Ipod out and sat around smiling and enjoying myself.

Uh-oh.

Is it the smile? Is it the fact that I have ankles? Might it have something to do with all Indian women being wrapped up and all the newspapers showing pictures of white girls wearing little to nothing - most noticabe the Miami heat dancer of a week back and loads of World Cup girls going nuts?

Indian guy across the way felt it his duty to whack off to my lovely self.

That was it.

End game.

No man in India was going to recieve the grace of my smile.

Start the countdown until I get out.

Don't travel alone here if you're a girl.

I get to say I survived it (knock on wood).

I am from Texas (y'all) and such are the things I imagine that inspire my fellow citizens to invest in nice, solid, death-inflicting guns.
My earlier thoughts about acquiring an electric shock stick for the mean, loose dogs in Taiwan, have now transferred to using it for men here. Unfortunately, this seems reasonable to me.

Twenty minutes later, the train pulls into the station and Naveen's dad stuck his head into the coach window, grinned like a fool, and waved.
He was clearly delighted to see me, I was delighted to see him, and the smiles started up all over again.
Oh well. I'll keep smiling, but I'm leaving this country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home