Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Travel Log

Getting from Aurangabad to Jaipur - not the easiest or quickest task to do in India. No direct train or flight, lots of distance to cover.
Aurangabad to Indore- 9:30 PM to 6:30 AM
Indore, waiting for next bus - 13 hours
Indore to Jaipur - 7:30 PM to 9:30 AM

Total time - 36 hours
Current India Index - blah

From my hotel I get an autorickshaw - my first! Wheee! Nothing too special in the end - pretty breezy, kinda comfy and nice actually. I will have to try one again when there is traffic on the roads.
In Indore I questioned the men at the bus station as to things to do in town. They could think of nothing to do, denied the existence of an internet cafe, and told me to rest, relax, freshen up, and spend my day at the bus station. This would have been lovely if there had been A/C, but as it didn't, I sat in the heat all day. After being super-cold all night on the bus, the non-A/C bus station all day gave me an incredible headache. I shall try my best to take trains from now on, the reason I didn't this time was because I would have had to change trains at least 4 times, something unpleasant as well.
The unexpected lull in travel was good for me though. It reminded me to schedule time for it. I was just breezing through from site to site and wasn't considering the time I scheduled for travel important. Perhaps I'll get to see more of India than I thought. HAH! Back to putting in large amounts of time dedicated to getting me from one place to another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home